What is happening with Snap?
Starting on March 1, 2016, Snap will be expanding to include Groupon's inventory of nearly 70,000 digital offers at top retailers in the United States and Canada. With this update, Snap will be transitioning from product-specific to retailer-specific promotions. For a preview of these digital offers, check out the Coupons section of Groupon.com.
What type of offers will I be able to find on Snap?
With this update, Snap will be transitioning from product-specific to retailer-specific promotions. Instead of 50 cents cash back from buying a particular brand of cereal, the app will feature digital offers from some of the top brands, including Best Buy, Express, Macy’s, Target and Walmart, among others. For a preview of these offers, check out the Coupons section of Groupon.com.
How long can I continue to earn cash back?
You will continue to be able to earn cash back through Feb. 29. On March 1, Snap will transition to retailer-specific promotions.
So what happens to my Snap balance?
- If you have a balance of $20 or more, you can request a check within the My Account section of the Main Menu.
- If you have less than a $20 balance on March 1, as per the Cash Back Program Terms, you are not eligible to request a check. We’ll be giving you an equivalent amount in promotional Groupon Bucks. As an added bonus, we will also be giving you an automatic discount of $5 off your next Groupon purchase! For example, If you have $7.75 in a Snap balance on 2/29/2016, we will be giving you $7.75 in Groupon Bucks AND a $5 discount on your next Groupon purchase. Your Groupon Bucks and $5 discount will expire on Sept. 1, 2016, so spend them soon!
- If you’re an existing Groupon user, we’ll automatically deposit the Groupon Bucks into your existing account.
- If you’re not a current Groupon user, we’ll use the email address we have on file with Snap to create a Groupon account for you. You will be able to use your Snap email and password to access your new account.
- If you don't have a balance on Snap (or have cashed out already), we will also be creating a new Groupon account for you in the event you don’t have one.
- Groupon Bucks are credits that automatically apply to purchases made on Groupon.com or through the mobile app. Any credit you have will automatically apply to your next purchase, and the Groupon Bucks expiring soonest are always applied first. You can check your balance by clicking on your name in the top-right corner of the screen and selecting My Groupons from the menu. Your available balance will be in the top-right corner of the page. For information about how promotional Groupon Bucks work, click here.
How can I log into my Groupon account if I never had one before?
Starting on March 3, you will be able to log into Groupon.com using the same email and password you used to log into Snap. Click "Sign In" in the upper right corner. If you're already signed in, you'll see your name in the top right corner. If not, please enter your email address and password. If you cannot remember your password, simply click on “Forgot Your Password” at the login screen.
If I am receiving Groupon Bucks, when will I see them in my account from the Snap transition?
On March 3, you will receive an email from Groupon welcoming you to your new account. On this day, you will also see your Groupon Bucks loaded to your account.
How do I cash out?
If you have $20 or more, simply log into your account on the website, click “My Account”, then click “Claim Your Check”. Make sure your address is up to date!
If I don’t have a Groupon account, will one be created for me?
Yes, if the email address that you use on Snap is not a valid Groupon account, we will be creating a new account for you. On March 3, you will be able to use your Snap credentials to log into Groupon. Keep an eye out for an email from Groupon!
If I have less than $20 in my Snap balance, why can’t I cash out?
As stated in the terms of the Cash Back Program, you are only entitled to request a check if your balance is at or more than $20. But don’t worry, if your balance is less than $20 on March 1, you will receive an equivalent amount in Groupon Bucks and an automatic discount of $5 off your next Groupon purchase! For example: If you have $7.75 in a Snap balance on Feb. 29, we will be giving you $7.75 in Groupon Bucks AND a $5 discount on your next Groupon purchase. The Groupon Bucks and $5 discount will expire on Sept. 1.