Snap by Groupon
- About the Site
- Cash Back Program
- Additional Features
- Ownership of the Site
- Use of the Site
- Access to the Site
- Your Account
- Your Conduct
- Your Privacy
- Refer-a-Friend Program
- Copyright and Trademarks
- User Content
- Unsolicited Ideas
- Copyright Policy and Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Procedures
- Disclaimer of Warranty
- Limitation of Liability
- Electronic Communications
- Websites of Others
- Force Majeure
- Entire Agreement
- Choice of Law
- Dispute Resolution
- Additional Disclosures
(b) Bonus Offers. Offers identified on the Site as a "Bonus Offer" may not be available to everyone. To find out if you are eligible to redeem a Bonus Offer, you must log into your account. Each Bonus Offer is limited to one (1) redemption per person, unless otherwise stated in the fine print. Bonus Offers are not eligible for the RAF Program (defined below).
(c) Redemptions. All Offers have limited quantities and regardless of any purchase you have made, you can only redeem an Offer so long as it is still available and not sold out. To redeem an Offer, you must either: (i) buy the product or service featured in an Offer ("Featured Product/Service"), upload an image of the receipt identifying the Featured Product/Service and select the applicable Offer(s) you wish to redeem; or (ii) follow the instructions advertised on the Offer page. All receipts must be submitted within two (2) days of the purchase. The entire receipt must be submitted and legible. Receipts must be itemized and each item must have a description or UPC that allows Snap by Groupon to verify that the Featured Product/Service was purchased.
Receipts can be submitted multiple times by the same user but in no circumstance may more than one user submit the same receipt. You shall not submit receipts for Featured Products/Services that have been purchased and returned. You shall not submit false, counterfeit, fabricated, inaccurate, artificial and/or tampered receipts. Any submission in violation of the foregoing will be invalid and will not be honored.
All submitted Offers will be reviewed to determine whether it is a valid redemption of the Offer. If valid, the amount of the Offer will be credited to your account.
(d) Distributions. Upon accumulating a minimum balance of $20.00 in your account, you may request payment of your account. The payment request must be for at least $20.00 (the "Payment Request Minimum") and equal the entire amount in your account at the time of your request. You must then accumulate another minimum balance of $20.00 before becoming eligible for your next payment. For sake of clarity, Snap by Groupon does not automatically or periodically distribute payments. Typically, payments are distributed within two (2) weeks of request but may take up to sixty (60) days. It is your responsibility to ensure that at the time you request a payment that all of your account information is accurate and up to date. Checks will not be sent to P.O. Boxes. Snap by Groupon is not responsible for replacing lost or stolen checks.
Although your account will indicate a dollar balance, you shall only have a contractual right to payment, not a property right. At no time shall you be entitled to payment from your account unless and until you have met or surpassed the Payment Request Minimum.
You will be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state/provincial, withholding and/or local taxes, and for any other government fees or costs, associated with the cash back you earn from Snap by Groupon. You may be asked to provide Snap by Groupon with a valid tax identification number for tax reporting purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in your name for the actual value of the cash back earned.
(e) Account Maintenance Fees. If you fail to redeem an Offer for twelve (12) consecutive months, Snap by Groupon will at that time either: (1) terminate your account if your account balance is zero or (2) debit your account balance $2.00 as an account maintenance fee at the beginning of each month thereafter until either: (i) you redeem an Offer; or (ii) your account balance becomes zero. If your account balance becomes zero due to the account maintenance fee, Snap by Groupon will terminate your account.
(f) Country Specifications. Snap by Groupon is available in both the United States and Canada; however, the following will apply:
- you will only be able to view and redeem Offers for the country specified in your account, which may be updated in your account settings at any time;
- balances associated with Offers redeemed in each country will always remain separate, meaning that if at any time you switch your specified country, your account will only reflect balances for Offers redeemed from the then specified country;
- balances associated with Offers redeemed in each country cannot be combined to meet or surpass the Payment Request Minimum; and
- checks can only be mailed within the country associated with the Offers redeemed to earn the check requested.
(g) At any time, Snap by Groupon has the right to review and adjust your account, the Offers you have redeemed and payments you have requested. Regardless of whether or not you have an email from Snap by Groupon indicating that any Offer redeemed or payment requested has been approved, Snap by Groupon may review, adjust and/or reject any Offer, balance or payment, in its sole discretion. In cases of suspected fraud, Snap by Groupon may require you to provide further proof of your purchase.
As a condition of your use of the Site, you agree that:
- You are at least 18 years of age;
- You are able to create a binding legal obligation;
- You have a physical address in the United States or Canada;
- You are not barred from receiving products or services under applicable law;
- You will not attempt to use the Site with crawlers, robots, data mining or extraction tools or any other functionality;
- You have the right to provide any and all information you submit to the Site, the information and all such information is accurate, true, current and complete;
- You will update and correct information you have submitted to the Site and ensure that it is accurate at all times (out-of-date information will invalidate your account); and,
Snap by Groupon retains the right, at our sole discretion, to deny service or use of the Site or an account to anyone at any time and for any reason. While we use reasonable efforts to keep the Site and your account accessible, the Site and/or your account may be unavailable from time to time. You understand and agree that there may be interruptions in service or events, Site access or access to your account due to circumstances both within our control (e.g., routine maintenance) and outside of our control.
You may only create and hold one account on the Site for your personal use. You are responsible for updating and correcting information you have submitted to create or maintain your account. You understand and agree that Snap by Groupon shall have no responsibility for any incident arising out of, or related to, your account settings. You must safeguard your password and supervise the use of your account. You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your account and maintaining settings that reflect your preferences. We will assume that anyone using the Site or transacting through your account is you. You agree that you are solely responsible for any activity that occurs under your account.
- Submitting any content to the Site that:
- Violates applicable laws (including but not limited to intellectual property laws, laws relating to rights of privacy and rights of publicity and laws related to defamation);
- Contains personal information, except when we expressly ask you to provide such information;
- Contains viruses or malware;
- Offers unauthorized downloads of any copyrighted, confidential or private information;
- Has the effect of impersonating others;
- Contains messages by non-spokesperson employees of Snap by Groupon purporting to speak on behalf of Snap by Groupon or provides confidential information concerning Snap by Groupon;
- Contains chain letters of any kind;
- Is purposely inaccurate or constitutes fraud in connection with your redemption of any Offer;
- Is purposely inaccurate, constitutes fraud or falsifies information in connection with your Snap by Groupon account or to create multiple Snap by Groupon accounts; or
- Is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right.
- Attempting to do or actually doing any of the following:
- Accessing data not intended for you, such as logging into a server or an account which you are not authorized to access;
- Scanning or monitoring the Site for data gathering purposes in an effort to track sales, usage, aggregate offering information, pricing information or similar data;
- Scanning or testing the security or configuration of the Site or to breach security or authentication measures; or
- Interfering with service to any user in any manner, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site or attempting to overload, "flood," "spam," "mail bomb" or "crash" the Site.
- Using any of the following:
- Frames, framing techniques or framing technology to enclose any content included on the Site without our express written permission;
- Any Site content, including without limitation User Content (defined below), in any meta tags or any other "hidden text" techniques or technologies without our express written permission;
- The Site or any of its contents to advertise or solicit, for any commercial, political or religious purpose or to compete, directly or indirectly, with Snap by Groupon; or
- The Site or any of its resources to solicit consumers or other third-parties to become users or partners of other online or offline services directly or indirectly competitive or potentially competitive with Snap by Groupon, including, without limitation, aggregating current or previously offered deals.
- Collecting any of the following:
- Content from the Site, including, but not limited to, in connection with current or previously available Offers, and featuring such content to consumers in any manner that diverts traffic from the Site without our express written permission; or
- Personal Information (defined in our Privacy Statement), User Content (defined in Section 13 below) or content of any consumers.
- Engaging in any of the following:
- Tampering or interfering with the proper functioning of any part, page or area of the Site or any functions or services provided by Snap by Groupon;
- Taking any action that places excessive demand on our services or imposes, or may impose, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or other portion of our infrastructure (as determined in our sole discretion);
- Reselling or repurposing your access to the Site or any purchases made through the Site;
- Accessing, monitoring or copying any content from the Site using any "robot," "spider," "scraper" or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission;
- Violating the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on the Site or bypassing or circumventing other measures employed to prevent or limit access to the Site;
- Aggregating any current or previously available Offer or content or other information from the Site (whether using links or other technical means or physical records associated with redemptions made through the Site) with material from other sites or on a secondary site without our express written permission;
- Deep-linking to any portion of the Site without our express written permission;
- Hyperlinking to the Site from any other website without our initial and ongoing consent; or
- Acting illegally or maliciously against the business interests or reputation of Snap by Groupon, our third-party brands or our services.
Snap by Groupon’s Refer-a-Friend program ("RAF Program") is a promotional activity by which you may earn cash back if a non-Snap by Groupon customer you refer becomes a Snap by Groupon customer and makes a redemption of an Eligible Offer (defined below) on the Site. In order to be eligible to earn cash back through the RAF Program, you must be eligible to redeem Offers and maintain a Snap by Groupon account in good standing.
To participate, refer friends who are not current Snap by Groupon subscribers and who have never redeemed an Offer from the Site ("New User") by sending them your personal referral link ("Unique Link"), available on the Site or provided to you as a recipient of an invite-only special offer. For each New User who accesses your Unique Link and, within the following seventy-two (72) hours (i) registers on the Site, and (ii) redeems an Offer that is not a Bonus Offer ("Eligible Offer"), Snap by Groupon will, within a reasonable amount of time, post to your account $1.00.
Snap by Groupon reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue the RAF Program, either temporarily or permanently (or any part thereof), with or without notice. Snap by Groupon will not be liable to you in the event of any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the RAF Program.
The Site contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound and the entire contents of the Site are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws of the United States and Canada. Snap by Groupon owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it. You may not modify, distribute, publish, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works or in any way exploit any of the content, in whole or in part. Except as otherwise expressly stated under copyright law, no downloading, copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of the content without the express permission of Snap by Groupon or the copyright owner is permitted. If downloading, copying, redistribution, retransmission or publication of copyrighted material is permitted, you will make independent attribution and/or make no changes in or deletion of any author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material. Any violation of these restrictions may result in a copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right infringement that may subject you to civil and/or criminal penalties.
You will not upload, post or otherwise make available on the Site any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right. Snap by Groupon does not have any express burden or responsibility to provide you with indications, markings or anything else that may aid you in determining whether the material in question is copyrighted or trademarked. You will be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, proprietary rights or any other harm resulting from such a submission.
Groupon, Inc. owns trademarks, registered and unregistered, in many countries and "SNAP BY GROUPON," "GROUPON," the Snap by Groupon logos and variations thereof found on the Site are trademarks owned by Groupon, Inc. or its related entities and all use of these marks inures to the benefit of Groupon, Inc.
Other marks on the site not owned by Snap by Groupon may be under license from the trademark owner thereof, in which case such license is for the exclusive benefit and use of Snap by Groupon unless otherwise stated, or may be the property of their respective owners. You may not use Snap by Groupon's name, logos, trademarks or brands without Snap by Groupon's express permission.
The Site may provide registered users and visitors various opportunities to submit or post reviews, opinions, advice, ratings, discussions, comments, messages, survey responses and other communications, as well as files, images, photographs, video, sound recordings, musical works and other content (collectively, "User Content") through forums, bulletin boards, discussion groups, chat rooms, surveys, blogs or other communication facilities that may be offered on, through, or in connection with the Site from time to time. You may be required to have a Snap by Groupon account to submit User Content.
In some instances and from time to time, it may be possible to modify or remove the User Content submitted or posted through your account. Snap by Groupon makes no representations or warranties that the User Content you modify or remove will be modified or removed from the Site or elsewhere, or that the User Content will cease to appear on the Internet, in search engines, social media websites or in any other form, media or technology.
- Public Nature of Your User Content.
- You understand and agree that User Content is public. Any person (whether or not a user of Snap by Groupon’s services) may read your User Content without your knowledge. Please do not include any Personal Information in your User Content unless you wish for it to be publicly disclosed. Snap by Groupon is not responsible for the use or disclosure of any Personal Information that you disclose in connection with User Content.
- Any User Content of any kind made by you or any third-party is made by the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not by Snap by Groupon. Other users may post User Content that is inaccurate, misleading or deceptive. Snap by Groupon does not endorse and is not responsible for any User Content, and will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on such User Content. User Content reflects the opinions of the person submitting it and may not reflect the opinion of Snap by Groupon. Snap by Groupon does not control or endorse any User Content, and specifically disclaims any liability concerning or relating to your contribution of, use of or reliance on any User Content and any actions resulting from your participation in any part of the Site, including any objectionable User Content.
- License Grants.
- Some User Content you submit to Snap by Groupon may be displayed or may give you the option to display in connection with your Personal Information, or a portion of your Personal Information, including but not limited to your name, initials, username, social networking website user account name, image, likeness, preferences, voice and location. You grant Snap by Groupon a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable, fully paid-up, non-exclusive, transferrable, worldwide right to use, display, distribute, offer for sale and sell the Personal Information in connection with your User Content, whether the User Content appears alone or as part of other works, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereinafter developed, and to sublicense such rights through multiple tiers of sublicensees, all without compensation to you. However, Snap by Groupon shall have no obligation to use your Personal Information in connection with any User Content.
- As between you and Snap by Groupon, you shall retain all ownership rights in and to the User Content you submit or post. However, by contributing User Content or other information on or through the Site, you grant Snap by Groupon a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable, fully paid-up, non-exclusive, transferrable, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, display, transmit, offer for sale and sell the User Content alone or as part of other works in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, and to sublicense such rights through multiple tiers of sublicensees and without compensation to you. You waive any "moral rights" or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding the User Content that you may have under any applicable law under any legal theory. Snap by Groupon’s license in any User Content or Personal Information submitted includes, but is not limited to, use for promotions, advertising, marketing, market research, merchant feedback, quality control or any other lawful purpose.
- As detailed in Section 5, contributing User Content or other information on or through the Site, is limited to individuals over 18 years old. The Site is designed and intended for adults. By contributing User Content or other content on or through the Site, you affirm that you are over 18 years old. We will promptly delete User Content or other content associated with any account we obtain actual knowledge of that is associated with a registered user who is not at least 18 years old. If you are under 18 years old, please notify us and we will take action.
We do not accept or consider, directly or through any Snap by Groupon employee or agent, unsolicited ideas of any kind, including without limitation, ideas or suggestions relating to new or improved products, enhancements, names or technologies, advertising and marketing campaigns, plans or other promotions. Do not send us (or any of our employees) any unsolicited ideas, suggestions, material, images or other work in any form ("Unsolicited Materials"). If you send us Unsolicited Materials, you understand and agree that the following terms will apply, notwithstanding any cover letter or other terms that accompany them:
- Snap by Groupon has no obligation to review any Unsolicited Materials, nor to keep any Unsolicited Materials confidential; and
- Snap by Groupon will own, and may use and redistribute, Unsolicited Materials for any purpose without restriction and free of any obligation to acknowledge or compensate you.
Snap by Groupon reserves the right to terminate your or any third-party’s right to use the Site if such use infringes the copyrights of another. Snap by Groupon may, under appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, terminate your or any third-party’s right to access to the Site, if Snap by Groupon determines that you or a third-party is a repeat infringer. If you believe that any material has been posted via the Site by any third-party in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, and you would like to bring it to Snap by Groupon's attention, you must provide Snap by Groupon's DMCA Agent identified below with the following information: (a) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyrighted work; (b) an identification of the copyrighted work and the location on the Site of the allegedly infringing work; (c) a written statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the owner, its agent or the law; (d) your name and contact information, including telephone number and email address; and (e) a statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
The contact information for Snap by Groupon’s DMCA Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement is: Groupon, Inc. Attn: Copyright Agent, 600 W. Chicago Ave., Suite 400, Chicago, IL 60654, email: email@example.com.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NONE OF SNAP BY GROUPON, ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD-PARTY BRANDS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS OR ANY OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, WARRANT THAT USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, VIRUS-FREE OR ERROR FREE, NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO (A) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SITE, OR (B) THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF (I) THE CONTENT ON THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE OFFERS, (II) DESCRIPTIONS OF OFFERS, FEATURED PRODUCTS/SERVICES OR ANY AVAILABLE PROGRAMS OR FEATURES, OR (III) USER CONTENT PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE. THE SITE AND ALL CONTENT, USER CONTENT AND OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE, OFFERS AND OTHER AVAILABLE PROGRAMS OR FEATURES ACCESSIBLE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, ARE MADE ACCESSIBLE OR AVAILABLE ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SNAP BY GROUPON HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, USER CONTENT OR OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE OR THE OFFERS OR OTHER AVAILABLE PROGRAMS OR FEATURES ACCESSIBLE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THOSE OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, SUITABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AS WELL AS WARRANTIES IMPLIED FROM A COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR COURSE OF DEALING.
FEATURED PRODUCTS/SERVICES ADVERTISED ON THE SITE ARE SOLD AND PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES AND NOT SNAP BY GROUPON. SNAP BY GROUPON DOES NOT INVESTIGATE OR VET ANY RETAILER, BRAND OR FEATURED PRODUCTS/SERVICES, AND SNAP BY GROUPON IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERFORMANCE OR QUALITY CLAIMS ASSOCIATED WITH THE FEATURED PRODUCTS/SERVICES.
When you use the Site or send emails to Snap by Groupon, you are communicating with us electronically and consent to receive electronic communications related to your use of the Site. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on the Site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that are provided to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. Notices from us will be considered delivered to you and effective when sent to the email address you provide on the Site or from which you otherwise email us.
The Site contains links to websites maintained by other parties. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not because we endorse or have an opinion about the contents on such websites. We expressly disclaim any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such websites or the privacy practices of those websites. If you decide to access websites maintained by other parties, you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage, loss or liability caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with any use of or reliance on any content, Products or services available on or through any such linked site or resource.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with any retailer and with all other users of the Site. To the extent permitted under applicable laws, you hereby release Snap by Groupon from any and all claims or liability related to any product or service referred to in an Offer, any action or inaction by a retailer, including but not limited to any harm caused to you by action or inaction of a retailer, a retailer’s failure to comply with applicable law and any conduct, speech or User Content, whether online or offline, of any other third-party.
To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must comply with the limitations provision set forth in Section 25(e) and submit the Dispute by utilizing the forms available at http://www.adr.org, and simultaneously sending a copy of the completed form to the following address: C T Corporation System, 208 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 814, Chicago, IL 60604. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA's rules. Snap by Groupon will reimburse those fees for Disputes totaling less than $10,000 unless the arbitrator determines the Dispute is frivolous. Likewise, Snap by Groupon will not seek attorneys' fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines the Dispute is frivolous. The arbitration will be conducted based upon written submissions unless you request and/or the arbitrator determines that a telephone or in-person hearing is necessary. If the arbitrator grants the request or determines an in-person hearing is necessary, the hearing will proceed in Chicago, Illinois, unless the arbitrator determines or we agree that the matter should proceed in the county in which you reside.
(b) No Class Action Matters. We each agree that we shall bring any Dispute against the other in our respective individual capacities and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class, representative proceeding or as an association. In addition, we each agree that Disputes shall be arbitrated only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. The arbitrator does not have the power to vary these provisions.
(c) Choice of Law and Forum; No Jury Trial. If for any reason a Dispute proceeds in court: (i) you agree that any such Dispute may only be instituted in a state or federal court in Cook County, Illinois; (ii) you and Snap by Groupon irrevocably consent and submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts for resolution of such Disputes; (iii) you and Snap by Groupon agree that the Federal Arbitration Act, the AAA rules, applicable federal law and the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to principles of conflicts of law, will govern this Agreement and any Disputes; and (iv) you and Snap by Groupon agree to waive any right to a trial by jury.
(e) Time Limitations. If either of us wants to assert a Dispute against the other, the party with a Dispute must institute arbitration within one (1) year from the date the Dispute arose. Absent commencing the arbitration within one (1) year from the date the Dispute arose, the Dispute(s) will be forever barred.
(f) Severability. With the exception of Section 25(b) above, if any part of this Section 25 is ruled to be unenforceable, then the balance of this Section 25 shall remain in full effect and construed and enforced as if the portion ruled unenforceable were not contained herein.
You are contracting with Groupon, Inc. Correspondence should be directed to: Groupon, Inc., Attn: Legal Department, 600 West Chicago Avenue, Suite 400, Chicago, IL 60654.
If you are a California resident, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 400 R Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.